Dermal fillers is one of the most popular, effective, and non-invasive methods to start reversing signs of aging or improving areas of concerns. There are many different FDA-approved fillers available on the market today, depending on the areas a patient would like to address.
What Are the Benefits of Fillers?
Most dermal fillers are made of hyaluronic acid. This powerful component aids in smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles, and by retaining moisture to the skin it creates a plumping effect. In addition, it has an additive effect on treated areas. In order words, after every filler injection, your body creates collagen in those areas, and the treated lines will never go back to how they used to look before. Another benefit is that after few weeks you see even better results.
It is the best alternative to surgical procedures, such as fat transfer, because it has minimal downtime, done in one office visit, and more affordable. Most importantly, you can start with one filler vial to see how you like it, and done more at a later point.
What Are the Most Popular Areas for Injections?
- CHEEK AREA: To correct age-related volume loss, or to add more volume. Fuller cheek volume creates a more aesthetically pleasing facial feature.
- JAWLINE DEFINITION: To build a more defined and prominent jawline definition. This procedure is very popular and in high-demand.
- UNDER-EYE: Correcting dark circles and under eye hollowness for a more refreshed look.
- LIPS: For fuller and plumper lips;. Fillers are also used to correct finer upper lip lines also known as smoker lines and age-related thinning lips, for both men and women.
- SMILE LINES (NASOLABIAL FOLDS): to soften prominent laugh lines and to soften overall facial look.
- NECK: to address horizontal fine lines that can start giving away a person’s age. It is painless procedure and is perfect alternative for women who start noticing these lines at a younger age.
- CHIN: to improve chin profile and proportions of the lower face in relation with the rest of the face.
- TEMPLES: to address hollowness that starts to form due to age-related fat loss.
- HANDS: to reduce appearance of bony and veiny hands for a more youthful appearance.
- DECOLLETE: due to constant sun exposure women may notice wrinkles in their upper chest area, that can also be easily fixed with fillers.
What is Renuva?
Although, FDA- approved filler that potentially used to improve early signs of aging is Renuva. This filler works differently from other dermal fillers. It is injected where fat already naturally exists, but is losing volume. It can be used to restore volume in the face and hands, as well as areas of the body. The mechanism behind this filler is that it directly works with fat cells and helps them to regain their volume in the areas that need it. It is not a hyaluronic acid based substance, but rather an allograft. The downside of using this filler is that it may takes several weeks before start seeing results.
Posted on behalf of
436 North Bedford Drive Suite 215
Beverly Hills, CA 90210