Pursuing an hourglass figure has been a timeless desire for many individuals, transcending cultural and societal boundaries. An hourglass figure is characterized by a balanced and curvy silhouette, with a well-defined waist and proportionate hips and bust. While diet and exercise can help shape the body, some individuals may seek a more immediate and tailored solution through plastic surgery. Various surgical options are available to achieve an hourglass figure for those who were not blessed with this type of figure through genetics or have lost their shape over the years.
Liposuction is a common procedure used to sculpt the body by removing excess fat from targeted areas. In the quest for an hourglass figure, liposuction can be employed to trim down areas such as the abdomen, flanks, and waist, helping to create a slimmer waistline. The extracted fat can also be purified and transferred to the hips, breasts and buttocks to enhance their volume and create curves, such as fat grafting, natural breast augmentation and the Brazilian butt lift.
Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
Some individuals may opt for a tummy tuck to achieve a smaller and more defined waistline. This surgical procedure removes excess skin and fat from the abdominal area, tightens the abdominal muscles, and shapes the waist. A tummy tuck can be combined with liposuction for more dramatic results, effectively narrowing the waistline and enhancing the hourglass shape.
Breast Augmentation or Reduction
A balanced hourglass figure often includes proportionate breasts. Breast augmentation can be performed to increase the size and enhance the shape of the breasts using implants. Conversely, breast reduction surgery can reduce breast size, achieving a more balanced appearance if the breasts are overly large in relation to the waist and hips.
Considerations and Risks
While plastic surgery can help achieve an hourglass figure, it is essential to consider the following factors before undergoing any procedure:
- Consultation: Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. John Anastasatos, who specializes in body contouring procedures. Dr. Anastasatos will assess your unique anatomy and discuss your goals, helping you choose the most appropriate procedures.
- Recovery: Plastic surgery involves a recovery period during which you’ll need to follow post-operative instructions carefully. You may experience discomfort, swelling, and bruising lasting several weeks.
- Scarring: Surgical procedures can leave scars, and their visibility varies depending on the technique and your body’s natural healing process. Discuss scar management options with your surgeon.
- Risks: All surgeries have inherent risks, such as infection, bleeding, and anesthesia complications. Be sure to understand these risks and address any concerns with your surgeon.
- Realistic Expectations: Plastic surgery can enhance your body, but it is crucial to have realistic expectations. Discuss your desired outcome with your surgeon to ensure they can achieve your desired look.
Plastic surgery offers a viable path to achieving an hourglass figure for those not born with a curvy shape or whose body has changed due to pregnancy or other factors. Liposuction, tummy tucks, breast augmentation, and breast reduction can create a balanced and curvaceous silhouette. Contact us at Los Angeles Plastic Surgery to learn more about reshaping your body with plastic surgery to create a defined waist and proportionate breast, hip and buttock curves. Call our Beverly Hills office to schedule your consultation with Dr. Anastasatos.