New York Face Lift
Are you considering a facelift in New York City? If so, Dr. John Anastasatos is regarded as one of the world’s foremost experts in facelift surgery. Facelift procedures are the gold standard in addressing facial aging, but there are different levels of facial rejuvenation, including deep plane facelift, lower facelift, percutaneous facelift and more.
What Does New York Facelift Surgery Involve?
Facelift surgery, also known as rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure designed to address visible signs of aging in the face and neck. It involves lifting and repositioning the skin and underlying tissues to create a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance. While specific techniques may vary, New York facelift surgery typically involves the following:
- Anesthesia: Facelift surgery is usually performed under general anesthesia or intravenous sedation with local anesthesia. The anesthesia choice will depend on Dr. Anastasatos’ recommendation and your preferences.
- Incisions: Dr. Anastasatos will create incisions in discreet locations, typically in the hairline at the temples, extending around the ear, and sometimes into the lower scalp or neck area. The exact incision pattern may vary depending on the specific technique employed and your unique needs.
- Tissue manipulation and repositioning: The underlying tissues, including the facial muscles, are carefully lifted and repositioned to address sagging and restore a more youthful contour. This may involve techniques such as SMAS (superficial musculoaponeurotic system) manipulation or deep plane techniques to achieve desired results.
- Excess skin removal: Excess skin is trimmed and tightened to reduce wrinkles, sagging and jowls. The amount of skin removed will depend on your specific needs and Dr. Anastasatos’ assessment.
- Incision closure: Once the necessary adjustments have been made, the incisions are meticulously closed with sutures or other methods. Dr. Anastasatos uses techniques to minimize visible scarring and ensure optimal healing.
- Additional procedures: In some cases, facelift surgery in New York may be combined with other procedures such as neck lift, eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) or brow lift to achieve comprehensive facial rejuvenation and harmonious results.
The duration of facelift surgery in New York can vary depending on the complexity of the case and any additional procedures performed. The recovery period will also vary from individual to individual, but it generally involves swelling, bruising, and some discomfort. Dr. Anastasatos and his team will provide specific post-operative instructions on wound care, medication usage, activity restrictions and follow-up appointments.
If you live in New York and are considering facelift surgery, it is essential to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate your concerns, discuss the options and tailor the surgical approach to your needs. Dr. Anastasatos and his team will guide you through the process, explain the potential risks and benefits and help you make an informed decision about undergoing facelift surgery. Call our office in Beverly Hills or Athens, Greece, today to schedule a virtual consultation.
New York Percutaneous Facelift Procedure
Dr. John Anastasatos is a world-renowned plastic surgeon, one of the top choices for your percutaneous facelift in New York. A percutaneous facelift is a surgical procedure Dr. Anastasatos offers his patients in New York that aims to rejuvenate the face with smaller incisions and less extensive dissection compared to a traditional facelift. It is a variation of the facelift surgery designed to provide more limited correction, targeting specific areas of the face. This type of facelift is generally associated with a shorter recovery time, reduced scarring and a decreased risk compared to a traditional facelift.
What Type of Facelift is Right for You?
Determining the correct type of New York facelift for you depends on various factors, including your specific concerns, desired outcomes, anatomical considerations and the recommendations of a qualified plastic surgeon.
A traditional facelift, also known as a full facelift or a standard facelift, is a procedure that addresses multiple areas of the face and neck. It involves making incisions along the hairline, extending around the ear, and sometimes into the lower scalp or neck. The underlying tissues are lifted, excess skin is removed, and the remaining skin is re-draped for a more youthful appearance. A traditional facelift provides comprehensive rejuvenation for the face and neck.
A mini facelift is a less extensive version of a traditional facelift. It targets specific areas of the face, such as the lower face and jawline, with smaller incisions and a shorter recovery time. It is suitable for individuals with milder signs of aging or those seeking a more subtle improvement.
A mid-facelift focuses on the middle area of the face, including the cheeks and under-eye area. It involves lifting and repositioning the deeper tissues to restore volume and address sagging in the mid-face region. This procedure can give the mid-face area a more youthful and refreshed appearance.
A neck lift primarily targets the neck area to address sagging skin, excess fat deposits and the appearance of vertical neck bands. It can be performed as a standalone procedure or in conjunction with a facelift to achieve a harmonious rejuvenation of the face and neck.
The first step to determining the facelift procedure that is right for you is to schedule a virtual consultation with Dr. Anastasatos and his team. Together with you, they will evaluate your unique circumstances, discuss your concerns and goals, and provide personalized advice regarding your facelift surgery. Patients from all over the world, including New York, visit Dr. Anastasatos in his office in Beverly Hills or Athens, Greece.